Monday, March 28, 2011

City of Bones


The first in the City of Bones series by Cassandra Clare. This fantasy book follows Clary, a sixteen year old girl who's world is about to change.

Clary lived a sheltered childhood with her over protective mother, her mother's friend, Luke and her best friend Simon. When one trip to a club in town makes her the only witness to a murder, she finds that the world isn't what she once thought it to be.Soon after the murder, her mother goes missing and she's forced to battle a creature like nothing she's seen before. She soon discovers a hidden world that exists around her and an ancient fight between good and evil that she's somehow a part of.

This book was well written and kept you captivated until the last page. The plot was fairly predictable and contained fairly overused elements, but she changed it in a way that made it interesting. The author does bring up religious views and lifestyles that could be taken as offensive to some people. I enjoyed the book and will deffinately continue reading the series.

5 comments:

The Emerald Eye said...

I've heard a lot abut this book and I thik I mght read it...

spartagirl said...

I have read almost this whole series this author is adding another book to the series in April, and I cant wait. She also has a different series, same basic idea, but a different time zone and it's also really great!

Sam Sparks said...

Sounds good . . . is is post-apocalyptic?

U. N. Owen said...

it dosen't sound post-apoctaliptic i've seen this book cover before, it looked kind of wierd, so i never thought of opening it. I know, i know, don't judge a book by its cover. well anyway thanks for giving me a reason to look inside.

LacyRumor said...

this book isn't post-apocalyptic, just really good fiction. I'm on the second (City of Glass) and I LOVED this book. you all should definitely take a look at it(: