Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
 
fiction, adventure, lotr

The hobbit is a story about hobbits. Hobbits are strange folk who stand about half the height of men and can eat twice as much as a full grown man does (They have six meals a day). Hobbits are quiet folk and they dont like it when people "disturb the peace".They live in a place called The Shire a beautiful green place. This story is about one hobbit by the name of bilbo baggins who lived peacefully in his home of Bag End. One day he had very unnexpected visitors in his quiet home. A group of 13 homeless dwarves and a wizard named Gandalf showed up one day expecting him to fill in the role of "burgular". Bilbo was eventually brought into a quest where he had to face goblins, Giant spiders and much more fearsome things as he travelled with his company of dwarves and wizard (who quite often just left without saying a word) to the dwarves old place of residence, The Lonely Mountain to try to reclaim the dwarves stolen gold from the great dragon Smaug. Along the way him and his company get a lot of help from unnexpected friends and also face many unnexpected enemies. I think that this is probably one of the best books written in the history of the earth. I have read the Percy Jackson books and have enjoyed them but they dont come in comparision to this book. This book is a very interesting book and I have really enjoyed it. I have always really liked Lord of the rings and related content but now that I have read the book I like it even more. A++

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good book and I am excited to read it, after all of the movies come out.

A Nashty Durantula 11 said...

I am about half way through this book and love it. I would recommend it to all.