Friday, January 18, 2013


     I'll Find You, by Clair M. Poulson is a fantastic fiction book about two best friends that were separated and tells how they try to find each other once again.
     It all started on a sunny summer day when Jeri Satch and Rusty Egan were playing in the front yard. Rusty’s mother Mindy tended to her infant daughter in the front room of the house and glanced out the window to where the two were playing together. When Mindy glances up after hearing a terrible scream, she saw a green car driving off down the street. Mindy rushed out to find out what the commotion was all about to find that Rusty was gone. As the car drives off Jeri shouts to Rusty "I'll Find You." When help finally arrived all that Jeri could recall of the incidence was that a green car pulled up and the man in the car took Rusty. Hope for finding Rusty slowly diminished, but Jeri never stopped trying to find him. Jeri felt guilty and responsible for Rusty's abduction which was one thing that motivated her to find him again.
     Seventeen years passed and Jeri was assigned to work at a minimum security prison and was invited to tour the facility. There she saw this strong man name Randy Moore with the familiar blue eyes that Rusty had. As Jeri tries to discover if this Randy Moore was her best friend that was carried away in the green car, Randy tries to unveil and remember what happened during his childhood.
     I really enjoyed reading this book and couldn’t put it down as I started to read it. As I started reading this book I felt like who would even start a book with a six year old being kidnapped on the first couple pages. Some topics that Poulson brought up that I thought were important and I agreed with were not judging people, having the benefit of the doubt, and most of all to never lose hope. I think that these are a few of the topics that as a society, we all need to work on. I personally believe that after reading this book I became more cautious of those around me and ability to work on these topics.
     I do want to warn the reader that this book does deal a lot with the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (also known as LDS or Mormons) which may bring up topics that can make the story a little confusing. Aside from that, this it is a great book and nothing should prevent you from reading it.

No comments: