Monday, June 3, 2013

Killing Lincoln

-->
      History is one of my favorite subjects. If you are like me, then this book will keep you interested. Even if you don’t, there is no way this book wont catch our attention. This book is a historical novel that goes into detail about the shocking assassination that changed America forever. Written by Bill O' Reilly, and Martin Dugard. It starts off being in the middle of the civil war, and goes day by day till the day that one of our most amazing Presidents; John Wilkes Booth assassinated Abraham Lincoln. It tells about his life, his wife, the war, the country, and the way he did things.
     The way that this book is written is so good. Their choice of wording, and the way they tell it keeps you on your toes. It seems like it would be like reading a history book, but its not at all. Its like you are actually there. In the head of the crazy person and the President. I loved that I learned so much more beyond just the assassination too. But in a way that kept me interested in actually learning them. 
      This book opens your eyes to a lot of things that has happened in history and possibly happens today. We all know that not everyone likes our current president. How on earth can we be sure something like this won't happen again? Luckily we are not going through the same things that they were back then such as the civil war. The main idea of this book was obviously Lincoln’s assassination. But it goes far beyond that and into more depth. I loved this book and highly suggest that people read it. It is one that is constant suspense, and action, and yes it does include a lot of things to learn from. But I LOVED it. A

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My dad has this book on his shelf, so I think I'll probably read it:)