Monday, June 3, 2013

Beyonders Chasing the Prophecy
 
By: Lincoln Robbins

          This book is the third book in the series the Beyonders. This fiction book takes place in a different world called Lyrian. A beyonder is a person from a different world like the two main characters Jason and  Rachel. Jason enters Lyrian through the mouth of hippopotamus that swallowed him. Rachel entered Lyrian by walking under an arch on a family vacation with her parents. This book wraps up the adventures Rachel and Jason have in Lyrian. One of the main ideas in this book I believe is that 
         
           At the end of the last book they received a prophecy from one of the few prophesiers in the land Rachel and Jason find out that they have to part ways on separate quests. Rachel has to go to one of the big towns with the heir to throne and raise an army, while Jason has to find a prophecy of his own. Jason has to fight the Maumet one of the most feared creatures in all of Lyrian. Rachel has to muster enough Edomic power to be able to defeat Maldor the most powerful Edomic wizard in all of Lyrian. Will they be able to complete this challenging quest?
         
          This book is very, very entertaining. I enjoyed it the entire time. Heck, I even enjoyed the whole series as much as I liked this book. It kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Its one of those underdog stories and everyone likes an underdog. I don’t know what it is about Brandon Mull that gets me thinking so hard after everyone of his books. There’s just something about all of them that I just love. Candy Shop War 2 kept me thinking and so did Fablehaven and Beyonders 3 was no different. It gets me thinking that like I could be just like Jason and get sent to another world and be critical there. It’s also super creative. Most people wouldn’t think of getting swallowed by a hippo and being sent to another universe but Brandon Mull is different. Also the characters and races he makes up in that book are amazing! There are these things called displacers and they have body parts that when they are cut off or taken off they can just be put right back on. Although most of the displacers work for Maldor they are still pretty cool. There are also these things called the Amar Kabal or seed people. They have these seeds in the back of their neck and when they die someone just has to plant the seed in the ground and the person grows back.
                  

          Overall, I would give this book an A. As I mentioned I loved everything about it and it kept me entertained the whole time I would seriously consider reading it.

No comments: