Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sleeping Freshman Never Lie

I thought this book looked kind of good in a quirky, crack me up sort of way. And at first it was nothing like that. At first it was really sort of cliche. I mean the main character is going into his first year of high school. He has a tight band of four friends including him. And what else? His mom is pregnant. I don't know about you but I find that plot very boring.

But then the story started picking up, not in the plot. ( That didn't pick up until about midway/ 3/4ths of the way) But in the way that the author wrote the story. You see when he finds out his mom is pregnant he thinks of all the things that would be helpful to know going into high school. So he starts a journal for his baby whatever it's going to be. Once he started doing that I fealt more connected to the charachter. I started viewing the whole book as a journal for me.

Furthermore once I started feeling more connected to the charachter I really started changing my viewpiont. It changed my frame of mind from uuugh this guys a nerd. To liking the charachter because he was just being who was and people liked that and respected it.

Overall I loved this book. Because the author did such a good job of making me feel connected to the charachter. Even to the piont of me feeling incredibely sad when the book was over. This is a must read if your in the mood for a book that makes you feel like you have a new friend when the book is over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was just wondering... what does the cover of the book look like?